Before you begin this assignment, read through the Home page and the required readings. Specifically, view the E-learning course – Introduction to public health (slides 1 -33) at https://www.cdc.gov/publichealth101/e-learning/public-health/. Then, answer the following questions using a Question-and-Answer format. In other words, list the questions and provide a short answer to each.
· Which one of the major achievements in public health identified in the E-Learning course – Introduction to public health, is especially interesting to you?
· Briefly describe the achievement and include the following information:
· In what era did this achievement occur?
· Briefly discuss the historical context of the development (include references):
· What was happening during that time period?
· What spurred the development of the public health achievement?
· Was the issue viewed differently then, as compared to the way that it is viewed today?
· What are your recommendations about next steps for the public health field given this achievement and where we are today?
· Using what you have written, please record a short video (no longer than 3 minutes) sharing the important takeaways about this particular public health achievement.
Length: 2–3 pages, excluding the cover page and the reference list, and a link to a 1- to 3-minute pre-recorded video (that is publicly available and accessible).
To record the video, you may use your computer’s webcam or your phone, upload the file into Google drive, and share the link in the assignment submission. If you use your computer webcam, you can record using a free version of Zoom or YouTube (please make sure the link is not set as private) or record onto your computer directly, upload to Google drive, then share the link. Here are some tips for recording with your phone:
1. Add light to your face. More light from the front is best. Consider standing/sitting facing a window or a desk lamp.
2. Place the camera on a steady surface. Holding it produces a minor shake. When viewed, the shake is magnified. Place your phone sideways (landscape).
3. Be aware of (and reduce) background noise. This includes turning off fans, air conditioners, etc., and closing windows if there is a chance of outdoor noises such as traffic/lawn mowers.