Vocational Interview and Reflection Paper: Select an individual whom you feel has had a long and rewarding career in any occupational field. Using an open format, conduct an interview with this individual and obtain information about their work life. You are to integrate the material provided by the interviewee with your thoughts, reflections, and views. Feel free to integrate research and theory from primary and secondary sources to strengthen your paper (25% of final grade). Papers should roughly be 4 to 6 pages in length.
1. Description of the interviewee; family background, education, and other information
2. What factors contributed in helping this person to realize that this particular career was a good fit
3. What are some of his or her meaningful accomplishments?
4. What are two or three words of advice he or she can give to someone who would like to follow in their path.
5. Was this exercise helpful? Did you learn something that you plan to incorporate as you pursue your career?