The definition of a Critical Period in Development is:
Critical Periods – Readiness of the individual to acquire info or master tasks during a brief period of time in life. If it doesn’t happen then, it may not happen.
One of the critical periods in pre-natal development involves the mother getting appropriate levels of Folic Acid while her fetus is developing. Please research the need for appropriate levels of folic acid during pregnancy.
Please use sub-headings for each of the following questions. Cut and paste the question and answer it directly underneath the question. Summarize your thoughts in 600 words 12 pt font size time new roman and include in-text and reference citations on a separate page.
What are the recommended levels of folic acid during pregnancy?
1. How does a woman ensure appropriate levels of folic acid during pregnancy?
2. What is the importance of folic acid during pregnancy and why is it critical to fetal development?
3. What are two diagnoses that may result due to folic acid deficiency? Define and explain each diagnosis.
4. Also, assuming your role as a nurse, how would you educate your patients on the importance of folic acid for fetal development? Please describe the method in which you would educate the mother.
• Also, create a specific informational sheet for the expectant the expectant mother regarding the importance of folic acid during pregnancy (cite and reference your source).
• APA format reference