VNUR10280 Principles of Veterinary Nursing
Academic Year 2021/2022
This module is only available to students enrolled on the BSc (Veterinary Nursing). This module introduces important aspects of veterinary nursing for all species commonly seen in veterinary practice.
The focus of this module is the development of knowledge in relation to specific core clinical skills. Content will focus on basic aspects of veterinary nursing in meeting the needs of animals attending the veterinary practice, the basic principles and practice of asepsis; medication management and intravenous fluid administration.
There is an emphasis on team and individual work. This module complements the clinical placement module and consolidation of clinical experience is stressed.
On successful completion of this module, students will be able to:
• Understand the application of the “Five Freedoms” to veterinary practice and animal care
• Demonstrate knowledge of the basic principles of veterinary nursing, including the practice of asepsis.
• Recognise common hazards in veterinary practices
• Describe the principles of cleaning and disinfection of kennel and hospital environments
• Complete basic drug and fluid calculations.
• Demonstrate clinical skills in relation to aspects of patient care.
• Understand the nutritional requirements of the dog, cat and horse
• List the methods used when carrying out a clinical examination during triage of an emergency patient
At Pro Nursing Tutors we have experts who can help you with all the assignments, exams and MCQs of VNUR10280 Principles of Veterinary Nursing. Talk to us via the live chat button to get assistance.