VET40440 Evidence-based approach to SAM
Academic Year 2021/2022
This module focuses on the principles and application of evidence-based practice to small animal medicine.
The overall aim is to equip participants with the skills necessary to advance their clinical expertise and allow the progression of cases to a higher level.
The module will look at the evaluation of scientific publications, the rational application of diagnostic tests, principles of oncology and the use of chemotherapeutic agents, principles and application of immunology in small animal medicine and the rational and ethical use of antimicrobial agents.
The development of critical thinking skills and an ability to evaluate the current literature is a key component of this module.
This is a pass / fail module comprising several components including within trimester assessment and end of trimester assessment.
Having successfully completed this module, participants will be able to:
• Formulate a logical, problem-based approach to a wide variety of clinical scenarios in small animal medicine
• Critically evaluate scientific literature relating to small animal medicine (SAM)
• Identify and summarise literature relevent to answering specific clinical questions in SAM
• Summarise the principles underlying diagnostic testing in SAM and accuretely interpret diagnostic test results
• Communicate effectively to peers about case management
• Apply key principles in oncology
• Explain key concepts relating to small animal immunology
• Summarise the important small animal pathogens by body system
• Choose appropriate antimicrobial medication in line with prudent use principles to minimise resistance
At Pro Nursing Tutors we have experts who can help you with all the assignments, exams and MCQs of VET40440 Evidence-based approach to SAM. Talk to us via the live chat button to get assistance.