VET40180 Herd Health Investig Skills
Academic Year 2021/2022
This module, the first in a series of six modules within the Graduate Certificate, focuses on foundational skills relevant to dairy herd health practice. It will provide an overview of the principles of dairy herd health practice, informed and structured around the key components of the ‘Herd Health Cycle’, including monitoring herd performance and herd problem-solving. The module will also consider epidemiological principles and methods, data management and analysis, complementary skills and dairy herd health programmes. The module will primarily be delivered on-line.
On the completion of this module, students will be able to:
– Integrate the herd health cycle into daily dairy herd health practice
– Explain key epidemiological principles and methods relevant to the herd health cycle
– Undertake data management and analysis, using Excel to assist with this task, and to navigate and interrogate the common herd health databases used in Ireland
– Integrate complementary skills into dairy herd health practice, including evidence-based veterinary medicine, animal health economics, animal welfare, and report writing for effective communications
– Provide an informed critique of current national and international perspectives on regulatory and non-regulatory dairy herd health issues, of challenges and opportunities for dairy herd health in Ireland, and of the context, mission and work programme of Animal Health Ireland
At Pro Nursing Tutors we have experts who can help you in all the assignments, exams and MCQs of VET40180 Herd Health Investig Skills. Talk to us via the live chat button to get assistance.