VET30540 Clinical Reproduction
Academic Year 2021/2022
This is a year long module in this subject for the MVB degree. It comprises lectures, practicals and group projects. The lecture course covers the following topics: Induction and obstetrics, followed by post partum complications, resumption of cyclicity, manipulation of the cycles, Assisted Reproductive Technologies, breeding soundness of the male, pregnancy diagnosis and abnormalities of pregnancies. These 9 topics will be covered across species in a comparative manner.
The lab based practicals will focus on microbiology and pathology of reproductive diseases.
The farm based practicals, given on a small group basis, supplement introductory classes given at second level and are aimed at training students in the techniques of clinical examination of the reproductive tract in the bovine. Special emphasis is placed on examination of cows to determine stage of cyclicity, evaluation of the reproductive tract of non-pregnant animal and an introduction to pregnancy diagnosis in bovines using clinical methods. A clinical project is researched in each trimester and presented by each group at the conclusion of the week assigned to clinical reproduction.
On successful completion of the module, students will be able to…
• Identify and explain what processes and interventions are involved in the parturition, breeding and post conception stages, including associated abnormalities.
• Work as part of a team to research a clinical reproductive case and to communicate findings
• Develop effective and efficient strategies to manage and treat reproductive clinical cases from all stages of the reproductive cycle.
• Evaluate the impact of clinical treatment plans on the future reproductive performance of an animals
• Demonstrate clear and articulate verbal communication to present clinical case findings
• Perform a clinical reproductive examination
• Perform and interpret microbiological, parasitological and pathological samples in relation to reproductive diseases.
At Pro Nursing Tutors we have experts who can help you in all the assignments, exams and MCQs of VET30540 Clinical Reproduction. Talk to us via the live chat button to get assistance.