VET30470 Veterinary Clinical Respiratory and Cardiovascular Systems
Academic Year 2021/2022
This module consists of lectures practical classes and tutorials about clinical conditions affecting the cardiovascular and respiratory body systems. Several aspects of clinical disease are taught including pathophysiology, clinical signs of organ dysfunction, diagnostic methods, epidemiology, diagnosis and principles of management, treatment and control. Contributory material from several disciplines including pathology, microbiology and large and small animal medicine and therapeutics is given. In addition, lectures are included in the principles of surgery and introduction to diagnostic imaging within these systems. A series of practical classes is run concurrently to complement the lecture course.
On successful completion students should be able to:
– Recognise the diversity of clinical signs associated with disease of these systems, understand their significance, and distinguish them from signs disease of other systems.
– Demonstrate an understanding of the pathology and pathogenesis of cardiovascular and respiratory disease and relate them to the clinical signs observed.
– Demonstrate an understanding of the clinical diagnostic approach to the diagnosis of these diseases and to be able to compile a list of the principal differential diagnoses.
– Demonstrate an understanding of the principal laboratory and diagnostic imaging tests used in the diagnosis of diseases of these systems, and the indications for such tests.
– Interpret the results of laboratory tests and diagnostic imaging findings in cases of disease of these systems.
– Select and describe appropriate medical and surgical treatments for diseases of these systems.
– Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of drugs used for the treatment of cardiovascular and respiratory diseases.
– Provide accurate and relevant advice regarding the control and management of disease to the owner, including hygiene, disinfection and vaccination as appropriate.
At Pro Nursing Tutors we have experts who can help you in all the assignments, exams and MCQs of VET30470 Veterinary Clinical Respiratory and Cardiovascular Systems. Talk to us via the live chat button to get assistance.