Deliverable 3 – Impact of Global Disease Surveillance THREE PAGES 15.00
Evaluate the impact of global disease surveillance processes among global populations.
During a global health volunteer trip, you identified the need for a disease surveillance program targeting a preventable disease within a global population. You would like to create awareness about this need and propose a solution.
Select a preventable disease affecting a population, and write a persuasive essay for the USAID.gov blog proposing a disease surveillance program. The essay should:
· Introduce the topic and include a thesis statement (1 paragraph)
· Describe the preventable disease and population affected by the disease (1-2 paragraphs)
· Propose methods for a disease surveillance program within the population (up to 1 page)
· Suggest global health organizations that would be suited to launch the program (1-2 paragraphs)
· Explain how the program would be communicated to healthcare providers and communities (1-2 paragraphs)
The essay should be in APA format. Information should be supported by evidence from professional sources, published within the past five years.
The first paragraph clearly introduces the topic and includes a thesis statement that summarizes the main point of the essay and its importance.
Clearly stated and thorough description of the preventable disease and population affected by the disease.
Methods for a disease surveillance program are clearly stated and supported by evidence from at least two professional sources published within the past five years.
Global health organizations suited to launch the program are suggested with thorough rationale.
Clearly stated and thorough description of how the program would be communicated to healthcare providers and communities.
Deliverable 4 – High-risk and Vulnerable Global Populations 10.00
Integrate social determinants, ethical concerns, and human rights for high-risk and vulnerable global populations.
As a nurse on the ethics committee of a free clinic, you are educating staff on a high-risk or vulnerable population in the community. You focus on a health condition that affects the community and also impacts the population globally. To help explain the topic, you plan to show the staff a concept map.
Create a concept map showing the relationship of health disparities, pertinent determinants of health, ethical considerations, and human rights for a condition affecting a high-risk or vulnerable population. Your concept map should:
· Identify the main concept (a condition affecting a high-risk or vulnerable population)
· Describe the supporting subtopics of:
2. Health disparities impacting the population globally
2. Pertinent determinants of health (at least three)
2. Ethical considerations (at least three)
2. Human rights from the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (at least three)
The main concept is clearly presented and centrally located on the concept map, including the selected condition and the population affected by the condition.
Health disparities impacting the population globally are clearly presented with a detailed description of how they support the main concept.
At least three pertinent determinants of health are presented in a way that supports the main concept.
At least three ethical considerations are clearly presented in a way that supports the main concept.
At least three human rights are clearly presented in a way that supports the main concept.