Assignment: Researching and Analyzing a Human Expression
In this Assignment, you will continue working with the object or expression you used for the discussion. You will need at least one source from the Walden Library, Google Scholar, or other academically relevant source. Note: Wikipedia and About.com are not considered academically relevant sources for this class.
Here are some examples of how you might research your significant object.
· If you selected a family heirloom, consider finding out more about what was happening in the world the year it was made.
· If it is a quilt, you could research the history of quilts.
· If it is a famous painting, song, or book, there will be articles about the artist or writer readily available.
· If you selected a photograph of a family member, you might research what sort of life events portraits record.
· If you selected a piece of music, you might research its origins, or how it was received when it was first released.
To prepare for the Assignment:
· Use the Significant Object Worksheet to evaluate your significant object. Make sure to answer every question and prompt.
· Apply what you have learned in Assignment 1 by using quotation marks and citations where appropriate.
· Use proper spelling and grammar.
· View the rubric for grading this assignment to make sure your work aligns with how it will be graded.
Document: Significant Object Worksheet (Word document)
By Day 7
Submit the Worksheet.
Submission and Grading Information
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
· Please save your Assignment using the naming convention “WK5Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” as the name.
· Click the Assignment Rubric to review the Grading Criteria for the Assignment.
· Click the Week 5 Assignment link. You will also be able to “View Rubric” for grading criteria from this area.
· Next, from the Attach File area, click on the Browse My Computer button. Find the document you saved as “WK5Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” and click Open.
· Click on the Submit button to complete your submission.