Module 11 Assignment – Reflect on Your Development
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
Module 11 Content
Top of Form
Purpose of Assignment:
It is important for nurses to reflect on experiences and new knowledge gained in order to promote professional growth.
· Analyze the increased complexity of care among older adults.
· Compare care models for nursing practice specific to the older adult.
· Design plans for care specific to the older adult.
· Identify local, state, and national resources which facilitate safe and effective transitions of care for older adults.
· Incorporate professional values, attitudes, and expectations regarding ageism when caring for the older adult.
· Outline the importance of advocating for older adults in management of their care.
· Information Literacy: Discovering information reflectively, understanding how information is produced and valued, and using information to create new knowledge and participate ethically in communities of learning.
Reflect on your development as a nursing professional and address the following in a 1-2 page paper:
1.Describe how you achieved each of the course competencies and the transferable skill.
2. Provide at least one example of new knowledge gained related to each competency and explain how this new knowledge will impact your nursing practice.
. For assistance on creating a newsletter, please read the Library Answer for: What is reflective writing and why is it important in nursing?
Submit your completed assignment to the drop box below. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates.
Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document. (Mac users, please remember to append the “.docx” extension to the filename.) The name of the file should be your first initial and last name, followed by an underscore and the name of the assignment, and an underscore and the date. An example is shown below: