PSY40840 Behav Neurosci Labs 1
Academic Year 2021/2022
In combination with PSY40850 (Behavioural Neuroscience Labs 2), this module provides practical experience of collecting and analysing data using common Behavioural Neuroscience methods. Across these two modules, students will complete brief rotations in five experimental laboratories in the School of Psychology. Students will develop skills in experimental design, data collection and analysis, using a variety of experimental and statistical approaches.
The methodologies explored in Labs 1 will include eye tracking, virtual reality and neuropsychological assessment.
On completion of this module, you should be able to:
– Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of experimental design in Behavioural Neuroscience
– Explain the effects of experimental design choices on the validity and reliability of a given experimental paradigm
– Conduct calibration procedures for eyetracking and virtual reality experiments
– Understand the principles underlying neuropsychological testing
– Collect data using a variety of experimental methods in line with best practice guidelines
– Pre-process and analyse data arising from these methods
– Produce clear and succinct laboratory reports of each experimental methods.
Indicative Module Content:
This module will provide practical experience of conducting research using the following methods:
2. Virtual reality
3. Neuropsychological testing
At Pro Nursing Tutors we have experts who can help you with all the assignments, exams and MCQs of PSY40840 Behav Neurosci Labs 1. Talk to us via the live chat button to get assistance.