PSY30380 Youth Mental Health
Academic Year 2021/2022
This module aims to introduce students to the concepts of youth mental health through an investigation of current theory, research, and evidence-based approaches in the field. The focus will be on the mental health of young people mainly aged between 12 and 25 years. The policy landscape on youth mental health will be examined. This module will focus on examining priority mental health areas such as youth suicide, body image concerns, and the role of technology in young people’s mental health. Students will gain an understanding of development in young people and examine key risk and protective factors related to mental health outcomes among young people. Material will be presented on innovations in youth mental health such as youth participation in mental health service delivery and community-based models of care.
At the end of this module students should be able to:
• Describe, explain and think critically about a range of priority youth mental health topics.
• Critically analyse the role of risk and protective factors related to young people’s mental health problems.
• Present on a youth mental health topic to your peers.
• Critically review current issues in youth mental health.
• Reflect on issues of policy and practice in youth mental health.
Indicative Module Content:
Key topics included in the module are:
A developmental perspective on youth mental health
Global framework of youth mental health
Role of technology and social media in young people’s mental health
Youth participation in mental health service delivery
Body image and appearance concerns in youth
At Pro Nursing Tutors we have experts who can help you with all the assignments, exams and MCQs of PSY30380 Youth Mental Health. Talk to us via the live chat button to get assistance.