PSY20220 Psychology of Ageing
Academic Year 2021/2022
We are all ageing. With every day, we age a little more. While you may not consider yourself to be ageing, you may be observing those close to you ageing, and be involved in providing support as needed. This module aims to provide students with a basic understanding of the psychology of ageing. The module will explore the nature of ageing; cognitive functioning; psychological issues; assessment and interventions. This module, including submission of assignments, will all take place online for 2020/2021.
On completion of this module students should be able to:
(1) demonstrate an understanding of the concept of ageing.
(2) demonstrate understanding of cognitive and psychological issues in ageing.
(3) recognise positive and negative aspects to ageing.
(4) identify assessment and intervention strategies to enhance ageing.
(5) demonstrate familiarity with ageing policy.
Indicative Module Content:
The indicative topics covered will include:
– The nature of ageing and life expectancy
– Cognitive changes in ageing
– Ageing and personality
– Mental health in later life
– Assessment/Intervention & Policy
At Pro Nursing Tutors we have experts who can help you with all the assignments, exams and MCQs of PSY20220 Psychology of Ageing. Talk to us via the live chat button to get assistance.