PSY20160 Research Methods & Stats II
Academic Year 2021/2022
This module is designed to develop students’ understanding of common methods in psychological research, with an additional focus on critiquing psychological research. The module will teach students why and when to use common methods and statistical techniques in psychology. The statistical techniques covered in this module are Independent and dependent t-tests; Oneway Analysis of Variance (ANOVA) and multiple comparison procedures. A key focus is the interpretation of findings from these techniques. To facilitate learning, in-class examples are used throughout the trimester, requiring understanding of both manual calculation and computer-based analysis.
On completion of this module students should be able to:
1. Identify and critique common research designs.
2. Specify methods of analysis appropriate to different research designs.
3. Conduct an appropriate statistical analysis for research designs with K = 2/K > 2 levels of the independent variable.
4. Carry out appropriate multiple comparison analyses when necessary.
5. Prepare an appropriate interpreation of the findings from statistical analysis that demonstrates a critical understanding of the material.
Indicative Module Content:
Null Hypothesis Testing, Confidence Intervals, t-tests, ANOVA, post hoc multiple comparisons.
At Pro Nursing Tutors we have experts who can help you with all the assignments, exams and MCQs of PSY20160 Research Methods & Stats II. Talk to us via the live chat button to get assistance.