PSY20060 The Psychology of Language
Academic Year 2021/2022
Language dominates our cognitive and social activities and psycholinguistics examines the relationship between language and the human mind. We can also employ cognitive neuroscience techniques to understand the relationship between the brain and language. This course will look at what language is, whether it is uniquely human, and how it is related to biological and cognitive processes. The objective of this course is to introduce students to some of the main principles, methods and findings in the study of language.
On completion of this module students should :
– Have an appreciation for the breadth of study in the field of language;
– Understand the variety of methods employed in the study of language;
– Demonstrate a knowledge of the functional and biological basis of language;
– Show an awareness of the possible links with other cognitive abilities;
– Evaluate research on theories relating to key issues in psycholinguistics (e.g. the critical period, language and species-specificity, language and thought, speech perception, reading).
At Pro Nursing Tutors we have experts who can help you in all the assignments, exams and MCQs of PSY20060 The Psychology of Language. Talk to us via the live chat button to get assistance.