You will analyze two cases for the take-home exam. Pay attention to the questions and what you are required to do. Note to submit your Exam on or before Oct 10th to Canvas.
You will lose points if you submit just the output from your analysis without interpretation. You are to create a report with the answers to the questions
Case 1. You are required to summarize data of body measurements of young adults. Use the Body Measurement data for Case 1.
1. Provide a table of the summary estimates (mean and standard deviation of the mean) for Chest, Height, Mass, and Waist and the two nominal variables (count and percentages for each category) in the dataset. (10 points)
2. Show the histogram for Chest, Height, Mass, and Waist. Add the normal curve to the histogram and test the Goodness of Fit. Which of the variables is normally distributed (10 points)
3. What is the average waist measurement for males and females? Show the summary table (5points)
4. Show the correlation matrix for these variables Chest, Fore, Height, Mass, and Waist. Which pairs are correlated, and what is their correlation coefficient (10 points)
5. Create a scatter plot to explore if waist size is related to body mass. Show the plot with the fit line and describe your result? Are the two variables related? Report your RSquare and the P-value. Why? (10 points)
6. Show the contingency table (2×2) of the relationship between Gender and WeightCategory. (5 points).
7. Test whether the mean body mass of this sample is different from that of the target population, assuming the mean body mass of the target population is 79. Report the T Statistic. Do you reject the null hypothesis H0: μ=79? Explain your answer using the p-value (10 points)
8. Compare the Chest size for the weight categories using a t-test. Report your means and standard deviation for chest size for the categories and the T-test statistics. Is the average chest size for the two categories different? Would you reject the null hypothesis that the average is the same? Explain your answer (15 points)
9. Which test statistics do you use in Q8? (5 points)