Potential Community Health Interventions
Select one of the specific health improvement needs that you identified in the first assignment. Conduct research on the specific problem and describe two possible approaches to address the problem in your community. One approach may be the same one that you identified in your Unit 3 assignment, or you can select two new approaches. Each must be evidence-based. One strategy must be based on a treatment model and the other, a wellness model.
· Treatment models provide care to patients who exhibit a problem.
· Wellness models take proactive steps to prevent development of a problem.
Be sure to differentiate between these two models explicitly.
You may wish to research how other communities are addressing the need and locate national data. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Web site (linked in Resources) may be a good place to start.
Write an eight-page outline that includes the following:
· Restate the specific health improvement need that you are researching.
· Identify the salient characteristics of the affected community.
· Assess how social determinants affect individuals relative to the specific health need.
· Assess how other factors may impact the health need.
· Present two approaches to address the identified problem.
· Describe an evidence-based treatment model to address the health need.
· Describe an evidence-based wellness model to prevent future development of the health problem.
· Be explicit in your descriptions, pointing out the identifying characteristics of each model. How can you tell whether the model belongs in the treatment model or the wellness model?
· Assess the advantages and disadvantages of each model.
· Written communication: Should be free of errors that detract from the overall message. It should be clear and well organized, with correct spelling, grammar, and syntax.
· APA: Comply with current edition APA style and format guidelines, including citations and reference page.
· Length: 8 pages plus title page and references.
· Font and size: Times New Roman, 12 points.