Pathophysiology and Pharmacology for the Nurse Educator
PATIENT CASE PRESENTATION
78 y/o African- American male live in Texas with 72 y/o/wife. Worked as a cleaner in a textile company for 30 years. Diagnosed with bronchitis and pneumonia at age 10. Had minor throat surgery 5 years ago. Drinks alcohol. Current smoker, smokes at least a pack of cigarettes in a day.
ANSWER QUESTIONS BELOW BASED ON THE ABOVE PATIENT CASE SCENARIO.
- Explain in depth how the alterations of type 2 diabetes and asthma impact each other. Response should be accurate and provide clear analysis of interrelationships among the impacts of alterations of the comorbities.
- Explain in depth the pharmacokinetics and the pharmacodynamics of the pharmacotherapeutic agents (medications) and their impact on patient care. Explain in depth how potential interactions between the medications that might be prescribed justify the selection of the medications for this particular patient. (Take into consideration drug interactions)
- Explain the abnormal findings of the laboratory test that would aid in the assessment process.
- Summarize how the information presented in your complex patient case presentation would guide you, as a nurse educator, to advocate and communicate approaches for promoting positive patient outcomes.
- Provide links to materials from at least two supporting agencies to educate patients on the disorders, treatment options, management, and self-care.
- Recommend education strategies on how you would use the materials from the supporting agencies you identified to educate patients on the disorders, treatment options, management, and self-care.
- Justify how these education strategies would contribute to positive patient outcomes. Be specific and provide examples.