PATH40070 Genomics enabled Drug Discover
Academic Year 2021/2022
The aim of this module is to enable students to gain an overview of how population scale genomics initiatives play an important role in modern drug discovery programmes. The student will learn of the role of ancestry and population structure and approaches to drug target discovery. The student will gain knowledge of the pathway of a drug target within the Pharmaceutical industry and some understanding of business models and sustainability of population scale genomics initiatives.
Upon completion of the module students should have
• Understanding of population scale genomics initiatives.
• Understand the role of ancestry and population structure.
• Knowledge of the pathway of a drug target within the Pharmaceutical industry
• Some insight into the evaluation of a potential drug target and how a population genomics approach influence this.
• Understand the importance of Ethics and Data Security.
• Understanding of population scale genomics business models and their sustainability.
• Some knowledge of Drug repurposing and the role of Pharmacogenomics and Companion diagnostics.
• Communicate and debate the field to differing audiences with different levels of domain expertise.
At Pro Nursing Tutors we have experts who can help you in all the assignments, exams and MCQs of PATH40070 Genomics enabled Drug Discover. Talk to us via the live chat button to get assistance.