Part 1: Curriculum Design and Simulation 1
The literature supports that high-fidelity mannequins are effective for preparing nursing students for real-life clinical situations.
1. What are the differences between high- and low-fidelity mannequins?
2. Describe the principles for developing scenarios with a conceptual model and illustrate how learning objectives guide scenario creation.
3. Explain how faculty can promote the application of training and evaluation methodologies to simulation learning.
Part 2: Curriculum Design and Simulation 2
1. Explain the pros and cons of clinical courses delivered through distance learning methodologies.
2. To what extent has technology-driven, distance learning programs changed nursing education in the 21st century?
3. Describe how technology-supported distance education programs are cost effective, meet desired outcomes, and foster faculty development.
Part 3: Curriculum Design and Simulation 3
The purpose of this assignment is to analyze distance learning modalities and compare outcomes related to teaching and learning effectiveness, and student and faculty satisfaction.
Use the following guidelines to compose your paper:
1. Research 4–5 evidence-based articles related to distance education programs.
2. Distinguish distance learning modalities and list the pros and cons of each.
3. Analyze and compare each modality.
4. Provide a description of outcomes related to teaching and learning effectiveness, and student and faculty satisfaction.
Part 4: Assessment and Evaluation in Nursing Education 1
1. How can you ensure the validity, reliability, and practicality of a clinical assessment?
2. Find an example assessment online and share the link with your peers. Make sure to describe its strengths and weaknesses.
3. Describe why it meets or does not meet the criteria to assess the specific skill or objective.
a. Is it valid, reliable, and practical?
b. If not, how can it be modified to ensure validity, reliability, and practicality?
Part 5: Assessment and Evaluation in Nursing Education 2
Something you will encounter as a nurse educator is preparing your students for upcoming certification exams.
1. Describe how you and your peers could develop a teaching and assessment plan to prepare your students for taking the NCLEX-RN exam on graduation from your program.
2. How will you ensure all of your students are prepared? Include details regarding both content and possible accommodations.