NMHS32950 Lead, Q&S in Mental Health Nur
Academic Year 2021/2022
Leadership in mental health nursing is found at all levels and requires a deep engagement with areas including quality, safety, legislation, regulation and governance. Quality and safety might be regarded as an essential focus which intersects all other activities. As such this module will critically explore issues relating to frameworks which underpin the quality and safety agenda. These include but are not limited to service user engagement, measurement in healthcare, improvement methodologies, promoting a culture of safety and also, leadership itself with a focus on altruistic versus toxic leadership. Regulation is explored also as well as legislation underpinning all of the preceding concepts for example, the Mental Health Act 2001, Nurses and Midwives Act 2011 and the Assisted Decision Making (Capacity Act) 2015.
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
* Critically discuss how quality and safety imperatives are applied in mental health settings.
* Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the legislative frameworks pertaining to mental health care.
* Syntesize and critique recent debates concerning leadership and management in health settings.
* Evaluate approaches to service user engagement, measurement and improvement methodologies.
* Critique the role of regulatory bodies in healthcare service provision.
Indicative Module Content:
Issues pertaining to quality, safety, leadership and regulation in mental health nursing.
At Pro Nursing Tutors we have experts who can help you in all the assignments, exams and MCQs of NMHS32950 Lead, Q&S in Mental Health Nur. Talk to us via the live chat button to get assistance.