NMHS32590 Nat Leg, Lead, Reg in MH
Academic Year 2021/2022
The purpose and role of the mental health nurse within the cultural, global healthcare and multidisciplinary team context will be explored. Nursing in the context of professional regulation and legislative frameworks is revisited. Advanced understanding of mental health nursing with regard to nursing within a legal and ethical framework (the scope of practice, the code of professional conduct, and the Nurses and Midwives Act 2011). Introduction to contemporary professional issues and debates in general nursing (advocacy, empowerment, and accountability and their importance in terms of professional and patient/client safety). Organisation of healthcare in an Irish context. The role of leadership and management is appraised in this context. The Mental Health Act 2001 and the role of the Mental Health Commission and the Criminal Law (Insanity) Act 2006 in the regulation of services will be explored.
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
• Discuss the role of the nurse practicing within legal, ethical and professional frameworks
• Discuss the standards required and values underpinning the professional role of the nurse
• Clarify the factors which enhance nursing professionalism
• Demonstrate a clear understanding of the Mental Health Act 2001 and the role of the mental health nurse within it
• Understand contemporary issues and challenges for mental health nursing
• Explain the role and function of the Mental Health Commission and NMBI
• Critically appraise the role of nurse leadership and management
• Demonstrate an awareness of the regulation of healthcare in an Irish context
At Pro Nursing Tutors we have experts who can help you in all the assignments, exams and MCQs of NMHS32590 Nat Leg, Lead, Reg in MH. Talk to us via the live chat button to get assistance.