NMHS32490 Midwifery Clin Placem A (HDM)
Academic Year 2021/2022
The aim of the module is to introduce the student to professional midwifery practice, in the context of a dynamic interdisciplinary maternity service. This module provides opportunities for students to apply knowledge from 3 previously described and related theoretical modules to the practice setting. Student will be allocated to the antenatal, intranatal and postnatal practice areas. The module emphasises the importance of critically and effectively applying theory to practice, utilising best evidence for practice, in the provision of safe and effective care; the development of kind, compassionate and respectful midwifery care for women and their babies, based on a partnership model of care; the development of communication skills as a key component of safe maternity care and the acquisition of effective clinical midwifery skills.
On completion of this module students should be able to :
• Specify the role of the midwife in the provision of midwifery care to healthy women and their foetuses / infants, during the antenatal, intrapartum and postpartum periods, and following discharge to the community services.
• Identify the importance of history taking and its significance in the provision of safe and effective midwifery care.
• Demonstrate, under the supervision of a registered midwife, individualized and appropriate care of women and their foetuses/infants throughout the childbearing cycle.
• Promote breastfeeding, and provide supportive care for women who wish to breastfeed. Promote safe infant feeding practices where breastfeeding is not the method of choice.
• Provide safe and effective midwifery care in the administration of medications
• Evaluate the midwifery role in the context of multidisciplinary maternity care.
• Provide evidence based information and advice to enable women make the best healthy living choices, for themselves and their infants and families.
At Pro Nursing Tutors we have experts who can help you in all the assignments, exams and MCQs of NMHS32490 Midwifery Clin Placem A (HDM). Talk to us via the live chat button to get assistance.