NMHS32430 Theoretical and Clinical Nursing Care related to Specialised Patient Groups within the ICU.
Academic Year 2021/2022
This module is designed to enhance the students theoretical knowledge and nursing practice skills in the therapeutic and holistic nursing care of specialised groups of critically ill patients in the Blackrock Clinic Intensive Care Unit. The module will focus on the principles and practice of Intensive Care nursing related to the care of the patients post major surgery, general medical conditions and the management of advanced haemodynamic monitoring and therapeutic modalities. Students will explore the specialist nursing management required to care for patients and their families who require prolonged stay in the intensive care unit (ICU).)
On completion of this module students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate awareness of the evidence – based theory that underpins the care of the intensive care patient in the Blackrock Clinic Intensive Care Unit.
2. Demonstrate the ability to conduct a comprehensive physical assessment on the critically ill patient for the purposes of
planning nursing care
3. Demonstrate the ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate holistic, patient – centred nursing care .
4. Demonstrate competence in the technical skills required in the management of the intensive care patient.
5. Demonstrate the capacity to apply critical thinking when managing a patient who has respiratory compromise and is
At Pro Nursing Tutors we have experts who can help you in all the assignments, exams and MCQs of NMHS32430 Theoretical and Clinical Nursing Care related to Specialised Patient Groups. Talk to us via the live chat button to get assistance.