NMHS31880 CPD Periop Nursing MMUH
Academic Year 2021/2022
The provision of continuing education, enables registered nurses maintain and develop
their knowledge, skill and competence to deliver safe , effective, efficient, quality care, in
a rapidly changing complex healthcare environment. The Mater Misericordiae University
Hospital has long been recognised as a centre of excellence and at the forefront of
innovation in the care and management of patients undergoing minor and major
surgery. It is against this background of knowledge, competence, clinical and academic
excellence that this module on Perioperative Nursing has been developed. The course is
aimed at registered nurses, working in the operating theatre, in order to provide them
with a sound foundation, in the essential skills and knowledge that are necessary to
deliver competent and efficient care to patients, in the preoperative environment.
As part of this module students must successfully undertake a clinical assessment and successfully complete an anatomy workbook.
• Recognise the Registered General Nurses’ duty of care, professional responsibility and accountability in the delivery of quality patient care
• Discuss the role of the nurse in the care of patients in the preoperative, intraoperative and post-operative periods
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the importance of infection control, health & safety practices, in relation to perioperative nursing
• Utilise the nursing process in the delivery of patient care in the perioperative setting.
• Implement effective management skills, in relation to perioperative nursing care
• Critically analyse the nurse’s role in caring for patients in the perioperative environment, in line with current evidence based practice
At Pro Nursing Tutors we have experts who can help you in all the assignments, exams and MCQs of NMHS31880 CPD Periop Nursing MMUH. Talk to us via the live chat button to get assistance.