NMHS31790 Evid Based Pract HCare (Intl)
Academic Year 2021/2022
The module will introduce the student to Evidence Based Practice and its importance to nursing practice. The aim is to equip students with the knowledge, skills and language to embark on life long learning and appreciation of the relationship between research evidence and their evolving nursing practice. Students will be introduced to different types and sources of evidence, relationship between clinical questions, research designs and methods. Furthermore, the importance and role of clinical guidelines and clinical audit in Evidence Based Practice will be illustrated. Through incremental learning the students will build a portfolio of research evidence related to nursing practice. This portfolio will serve as a resource to encourage reflection on evidence underpinning their nursing practice.
On completion of this module students should be able to:
1. Recognise the importance of evidence for nursing or midwifery practice
2. Become familiar with the language of research
3. Summarise published research related to nursing or midwifery practice
4. Identify the relationship between clinical guidelines, clinical audit and evidence-based nursing or midwifery practice
There will be an emphasis on the development of skills in:
1. Identifying sources of evidence for nursing or midwifery practice
2. Connecting the five evidence-based research questions with their corresponding evidence hierarchy
3. Articulating the key features of a research article
4. Recognising and appreciating the critical aspects of intervention study design
5. Linking their practice to research evidence
Core Module Values:
In acquiring the above abilities and skills, this module will contribute to fostering confidence to act with authority in delivering evidence-based nursing or midwifery practice
Indicative Module Content:
The module will introduce terminology relevant to Evidence Based Practice.
Students will be introduced to relevant EBP journals.
Identifying commentaries in EBP Journals and the original paper that the commentary is on.
Types of research questions and Components of EBP research questions.
Identify the type of research question the research paper addresses and identifying the relevant components of the EBP research question.
At Pro Nursing Tutors we have experts who can help you in all the assignments, exams and MCQs of NMHS31790 Evid Based Pract HCare (Intl). Talk to us via the live chat button to get assistance.