NMHS31350 Practice Placement 4E Internship (M)
Academic Year 2021/2022
This internship clinical module builds on the midwifery clinical experience gained by the student in previous stages of the programme. Each student will be allocated to one core midwifery clinical area: antenatal, intrapartum or postnatal. The student will gain more in-depth clinical experience, under distant supervision, in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of midwifery care and will be prepared for practice in these settings as a skilled, competent and safe midwifery practitioner. The student should adopt a problem-solving approach to the provision of safe midwifery care. During internship placements students are provided with opportunities to integrate theory and practice in preparation for their role as registered midwives. Protected time (Protected Reflective Education on Practice) for students to participate in reflection is a built-in component of this experience. The module is part of the essential clinical requirements for professional registration (NMBI, 2016).
The credit load of the module reflects the student effort hours required to achieve the learning outcomes. The student must have successfully completed all three indirect supervision competency level clinical placements (4A, 4B, 4C) before progressing to Distant Supervision competency level clinical placements (4D, 4E, 4F). Students must complete all Stage 4 clinical hours before reading ‘degree complete’.
On successful completion of this module students should be able to demonstrate the development of competence in the five principles of competencies (Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland, 2016):
1. Protect and promote the safety and autonomy of the woman and respect her experiences, choices, priorities, beliefs and values
2. Acts within legislation and professional guidance and is accountable within their scope of midwifery practice
3. Use comprehensive knowledge, skills and professional behaviours to provide safe, competent, kind, compassionate and respectful care.
4. Work in equal partnership with the woman and her family and establishes a relationship of trust and confidentiality
5. Communicate and collaborate with women, women’s families and with the multidisciplinary healthcare team.
At Pro Nursing Tutors we have experts who can help you in all the assignments, exams and MCQs of NMHS31350 Practice Placement 4E Internship (M). Talk to us via the live chat button to get assistance.