NMHS30620 Psychiatric Nursing (Therapeutic interventions)
Academic Year 2021/2022
This module facilitates students to progress towards developing the knowledge, skills and competencies required to enable them to work therapeutically with service users to address mental health and recovery related needs across multiple care and practice locations. Theoretically, this module addresses the psycho-social origins of a range of therapeutic intervention approaches utilised in mental health nursing practice including person centred counselling, solution focused interventions, dialectical behaviour therapy, cognitive behavioural approaches, psychoeducation and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy.
On completion the candidate will be able to:
1. Examine and discuss the impact of developing self-awareness on mental health nursing practice
2. Clearly articulate existing beliefs about the nature of therapeutic relationships in mental health nursing practice
3. Explain the concepts associated with the range of therapeutic approaches utilized in mental health nursing practice and
4. Identify and demonstrate how therapeutic approaches can be adapted and utilized in personal practice to assist mental
health service users and their families
5. Demonstrate mastery appropriate to programme level in initiating relationship, building rapport, establishing therapeutic
alliance and evaluating outcome of interventions for patients/service user.
6. Critically reflect on personal learning with regard to personal knowledge, skills and competencies for working therapeutically
with mental health services users and their families
Indicative Module Content:
Therapeutic use of self
Psychological impact of illness
Person Centred Therapy
Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
Behavioural Family Therapy
Cognitive Behavioural Approach
Solution Focused Brief Therapy
At Pro Nursing Tutors we have experts who can help you in all the assignments, exams and MCQs of NMHS30620 Psychiatric Nursing (Therapeutic interventions). Talk to us via the live chat button to get assistance.