NMHS20820 Clinical Practice 2 (M)
Academic Year 2021/2022
This clinical module will enable the student to work under the close supervision of a midwife. The student will work at a participant level of competence building on their first year level of knowledge, skills, and attitudes. The module will assist the student to consider and apply principles of evidence-based midwifery care for women and babies in a variety of settings, including specialist placements. The areas that may be linked to this module include Antenatal (and may include outpatient clinics, midwifery-led clinics, fetal assessment unit, day ward, antenatal wards and antenatal/parenthood education), Intranatal or Postnatal areas. The specialist areas that may be linked to this module include Neonatal, Gynaecology, Mental Health, Theatre & Recovery, and Primary Healthcare areas (NMBI, 2016).
This module is part of the essential clinical requirements for professional registrations. The student must pass all individual clinical placements before a pass grade can be awarded for the module. The student must pass all clinical assessments & complete all clinical hours for Stage 2 of the programme before progressing to Stage 3 of the programme.
The credit load of the module reflects the student effort hours required to achieve the learning outcomes.
On completion of this clinical module, the student should be able to demonstrate the development of competence in the following domains of competence (Level 2: Close supervision):
● Work in partnership with the woman and her family and establish a relationship of trust and confidentiality
● Holistic approaches to care and integration of knowledge in a specialist or midwifery care setting.
● Participate with the midwife in assessing, planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating the provision of safe and evidence-based care for a caseload of women and their babies and be able to provide a rationale for this.
● Communicate and collaborate with women, women’s families and with the multidisciplinary healthcare team
● Work within the scope of practice of a second-year midwifery student and recognise own level of knowledge and professional behaviours.
At Pro Nursing Tutors we have experts who can help you in all the assignments, exams and MCQs of NMHS20820 Clinical Practice 2 (M). Talk to us via the live chat button to get assistance.