NMHS20760 Neuro & musculoskeletal nurse
Academic Year 2021/2022
This module aims to introduce the student to the knowledge and skills underpinning the nursing care of persons experiencing changes in health status in Neurological and Musculoskeletal function.
• Discuss the pathophysiological processes and consequences of impaired Neurological and Musculoskeletal (MSK) function
• Explain the common findings of a focused Neurological and Musculoskeletal assessment in patients including diagnostic tests.
• Discuss the common psychosocial needs of a patient experiencing neurological/MSK problems
Demonstrate diagnostic reasoning and care planning skills using NANDA, NIC and NOC, (including medications)
• Demonstrate knowledge, skills and competence in the following care modalities: use of Glasgow Coma scale, falls and risk assessment, neurovascular limb assessment assistive mobility devices, immobilisation devices
• Discuss the role of the nurse in identifying and reducing risk factors, anticipating potential complications and promotion of healthy life style in patients with neurological/MSK dysfunction.
• Discuss the care of patients with neurological/MSK conditions requiring surgery
Indicative Module Content:
Revision of musculoskeletal system and bone healing following a fracture
Nursing management in the, assessment & prevention of potential complications for patients with musculoskeletal trauma x
Nursing responsibility for neurovascular limb assessment
Lecture 5 Amputation
Nursing assessment and management of a patient with lfractures
Nursing care of the patient with osteoarthritis: Hip Replacement
Muscular impairment resulting from rheumatoid arthritis
Prevention, assessment and management of potential VTE
Revision of Neuro. System; terminology; epidemiology; current research. disorders.
Raised ICP; Neuro. Assessment Do as a physical health assessment skill;
Adult with Head Injury/Spinal Injury; terminology; epidemiology; classifications; current research.
Cerebral Bleeds; Adult with Subarachnoid Hemorrhage.
Care of Adult with Epilepsy.
Parkinson’s Disease; epidemiology; current research. Care of Adult with Parkinson’s Disease.
Multiple Sclerosis; Motor Neurone Disease; epidemiology; current research; Adult with MS
Brain tumours; classifications; epidemiology; current research. Care of Adult with Brain Tumour.
Meningitis; terminology; classifications; epidemiology; current research. Adult with Meningitis.
Stroke; terminology; epidemiology; clinical pathways
At Pro Nursing Tutors we have experts who can help you in all the assignments, exams and MCQs of NMHS20760 Neuro & musculoskeletal nurse. Talk to us via the live chat button to get assistance.