NMHS20650 Erasmus Clin Plac 2D (M)
Academic Year 2021/2022
The aim of this module is to provide the Erasmus student with an understanding of healthcare in the Irish context, whilst discovering and learning about Irish culture. The student will be provided with opportunities to observe and where appropriate, to engage in patient care under the supervision of a registered midwife.
This module will broaden the student’s experience of clinical practice in the provision of midwifery or specialist care whether in pregnancy, labour or puerperium and/or in a specialist clinical setting. The areas that may be linked to this module include: Antenatal (to include clinics, antenatal wards and antenatal/parenthood education), Intranatal or Postnatal areas, the specialist areas (Neonatal, Community Midwifery, Gynaecology and Theatre).
During this clinical module students will be assisted in applying their theoretical knowledge to the clinical setting, with the support and assistance from academic coordinators, preceptors and clinical staff. Students are expected to be pro-active in the acquisition of their clinical skills, using the competency document for guidance and as evidence of proficiency.
The student must pass all individual clinical placements before a pass grade can be awarded for the module.
On completion of this module the Erasmus students should be able to demonstrate an ability to provide care for services users in the context of Irish healthcare and social policy. Students are expected to attain all relevant Learning Outcomes related to the specific clinical experiences undertaken during this module. On completion of this module students should be able to demonstrate the development of five competences as outlined in the Midwifery Domains of Competence Assessment Document (MidCAT):
1. Professional/ethical practice in relation to the care of the woman in a specialist or midwifery care setting.
2. Holistic approaches to care and integration of knowledge in a specialist or midwifery care setting incorporating assessing, planning, organising, implementing and evaluating midwifery care of a woman and baby.
4. Interpersonal relationships with women, family and other professionals
4. Organisation and management of care in a specialist or midwifery care setting.
5. Personal and professional development.
At Pro Nursing Tutors we have experts who can help you in all the assignments, exams and MCQs of NMHS20650 Erasmus Clin Plac 2D (M). Talk to us via the live chat button to get assistance.