NMHS20600 Erasmus Clin Plac 2D (G)
Academic Year 2021/2022
The aim of this module is to provide the Erasmus student with an understanding of healthcare in the Irish context, whilst discovering and learning about Irish culture.
The student will be provided with opportunities to observe and where appropriate, to engage in patient care under the supervision of a registered nurse. The healthcare areas that the student may experience include: care of the older person, emergency department, intellectual disability, outpatients department, maternity care, public health nursing and community care, paediatric nursing, mental health and psychiatry nursing, operating theatre and medical-surgical nursing.
During this clinical module, the student will be assisted in applying their theoretical knowledge to the clinical setting with the support and assistance from the academic coordinator, preceptors and clinical staff. Students are expected to be pro-active in the acquisition of their clinical skills, using the DoCAT document for guidance and as evidence of proficiency.
On completion of this module the Erasmus student should be able to demonstrate an ability to provide care for services users in the context of Irish healthcare and social policy.
The student should be able to demonstrate the development of five competencies as outlined in the Domains of Competence Assessment Document (DoCAT):
1. Professional/ethical practice in relation to the care of the patient in a specialist or surgical-medical care setting.
2. Holistic approaches to care and integration of knowledge in a specialist or surgical-medical care setting, incorporating assessing, planning, organising, implementing and evaluating nursing care of a patient / client.
3. Interpersonal relationships with patients, family and other professionals.
4. Organisation and management of care in a specialist or medical-surgical setting.
5. Personal and professional development.
At Pro Nursing Tutors we have experts who can help you in all the assignments, exams and MCQs of NMHS20600 Erasmus Clin Plac 2D (G). Talk to us via the live chat button to get assistance.