NMHS10460 Sci Principles Healthcare 2
Academic Year 2021/2022
This module continues to build on the content of scientific principles for healthcare 1. It introduces you to the scientific principles of biology, anatomy, physiology and pathology. Learning will focus on the concepts of the healthy brain (structure and function of the CNS & PNS), mobility (musculoskeletal system), protection (Immunity & response to injury) and reproduction and development across the lifespan. The module will provide you with the grounding and understanding of the normal structure and function of the human body and the basis to understand the changes that occur in altered health.
This module provides you with further essential foundations for clinical skills, clinical practice and a rationale for patient care.
The module is underpinned by the philosophy that biological science knowledge is a critical element for nursing/midwifery competency.
• Explain the coordinated function of the nervous system.
• Outline how bones and muscles enable movement and how movement is coordinated.
• Describe the structure and function of immunity.
• Explain the pathological response to cellular injury, cellular death, & repair.
• Describe the structure and function of the male and female reproductive system and discuss the developmental changes across the lifespan.
Indicative Module Content:
The module will be delivered via concepts. The four key concepts that will be delivered include; communication (the CNS & PNS), mobility (the musculoskeletal system), protection (immunity and response to injury) and From one generation to the next (reproduction and embryology).
At Pro Nursing Tutors we have experts who can help you in all the assignments, exams and MCQs of NMHS10460 Sci Principles Healthcare 2. Talk to us via the live chat button to get assistance.