NMHS10360 Scholarship of Enquiry
Academic Year 2021/2022
Student engagement with scholarship, academic conventions, evidence-based practice and research is seen as important to facilitate the development of key capabilities such as critical thinking, problem-solving, writing skills, teamwork and communication skills. Educational interventions that are related to the development of academic engagement, enhanced writing ability and appreciation of sources of evidence include peer teaching, individualised learning approaches and group discussions. A key focus of this module is to facilitate the development of students’ understanding of the requirements and expectations of academic study in higher education. Specifically, the Harvard referencing system, approaches to critical thinking and information synthesis as well as an introduction to evidence based practice and research are explored. Key concepts and terms concerning nursing and midwifery research are introduced.
On completion of this module students will be able to,
1. Display the ability to reference and observe the conventions of academic writing
2. Retrieve published material based on search terms and accurately record a list of the items retrieved, using standard bibliographical convention
3. Communicate confidently through both verbal and written methods
4. Demonstrate knowledge of key concepts underpinning nursing and midwifery research
5. Demonstrate evidence of independent learning through various assessments
Indicative Module Content:
Academic writing skills, research, evidence based practice, information retrieval and study skills.
At Pro Nursing Tutors we have experts who can help you in all the assignments, exams and MCQs of NMHS10360 Scholarship of Enquiry. Talk to us via the live chat button to get assistance.