MDCS40910 Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Special Circumstances (AP)
Academic Year 2021/2022
Access to this module is limited to nominees of the statutory health services. This module equips the candidate to deal with the assessment and management of situations to the standards required of a Registered Advanced Paramedic. This module introduces the key principles involved with the management of acute paediatric emergencies, neonatal resuscitation, obstetric emergencies including labour and other women’s health emergencies.
On completion of the module, candidates will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of:
1. Context of paediatric care – the unique anatomical, physiological and psychosocial characteristics of children.
2. Paediatric emergency care including trauma, acute paediatric medical emergencies and paediatric advanced life support.
3. Context of women’s health issues – anatomy and physiology.
4. Gynaecological and obstetric emergencies – normal pregnancy and labour and key intrapartum emergencies
5. Neonatal care, including resuscitation.
6. All relevant CPGs.
7. All relevant therapeutic issues, including dosing adjustments for children.
At Pro Nursing Tutors we have experts who can help you with all the assignments, exams and MCQs of MDCS40910 Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Special Circumstances (AP). Talk to us via the live chat button to get assistance.