MDCS40840 Professional Practice (Legal Medicine, Health & Safety and Major Incident) (AP)
Academic Year 2021/2022
Access to this module is limited to nominees of the statutory health services. This module equips the candidate to deal with the professional aspects of pre-hospital emergency care to the standards required of a Registered Advanced Paramedic. The context for AP practice includes all aspects of professional healthcare practice, awareness of ethical and legal medicine principles, familiarity with professional regulation and the role of PHECC and an introduction to key elements of health and safety in advanced paramedic practice. The module also introduces a refresher component on major incident situations.
On completion of this module candidates will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of:
1. Professional regulation in Ireland and the role of PHECC.
2. The content and implications of PHECC’s standards on healthcare professionalism
3. Medical professionalism and CAnMEDS
4. Teamwork & leadership
5. Clinical Audit, Quality Improvement and data management
6. Ethical principles of healthcare practice
7. Duty of care, negligence, professional misconduct and the role of the Coroner
8. The core functions of all practitioners in major incidents
9. Health and safety in advanced practice
At Pro Nursing Tutors we have experts who can help you with all the assignments, exams and MCQs of MDCS40840 Professional Practice (Legal Medicine, Health & Safety and Major Incident). Talk to us via the live chat button to get assistance.