MDCS10310 Patients, Doctors & Healthcare
Academic Year 2021/2022
The purpose of this module is to introduce first year students to the medicine programme, the School of Medicine, its faculty and the healthcare environment. You will learn about the broad subject of medicine from School of Medicine Professors who will give you state of the art introductions to their areas of clinical practice ( e.g. medicine, surgery, obstetrics, paediatrics) and research. You will view medicine from different perspectives (including that of the patient) and study the importance of literature and art to the practice of medicine and the meaning of care in twenty first century medicine. You will develop essential skills which you can use every day- those of critical thinking and appraisal- through the study of media reported medical stories. You will also gain important skills for your success on the medicine programme, including how to do a library search and how to appraise sources of information. You will study team working and work as a team member on your module assessment, which will be peer graded as well as faculty graded.
At the end of this module you will have a basic understanding of concepts fundamental to your future career as a doctor. You will gain an understanding of
1. The broad areas of clinical practice in medicine and envision how these might change and advance in your career lifetime
2. The patient perspective ( what matters to me as a patient) and how to involve patients meaningfully in healthcare planning, delivery and research.
3. Media reporting of stories of medical interest. You will be able to critically appraise these and to communicate medical information accurately and confidently to the public and to patients
4. Medicine as a caring profession and the importance of arts, literature and personal growth in developing empathy and caring skills for practice
5. You will acquire basic skills for the study of medicine including how to perform a research or literature search and to report your findings
At Pro Nursing Tutors we have experts who can help you with all the assignments, exams and MCQs of MDCS10310 Patients, Doctors & Healthcare. Talk to us via the live chat button to get assistance.