- Review the nurse leadership competencies presented in the Learning Resources for this week.
- Reflect on these competencies and consider your own personal strengths and potential gaps in relation to these competencies.
- Consider potential goals for your leadership development in relation to the nurse leadership competencies presented.
The Assignment: (4 pages) Question :
- Explain your self-assessment in relation to the nurse leadership competencies. Be sure to identify your strengths and potential gaps in relation to these competencies.
- Describe at least four goals for nurse leadership development that you would like to pursue, given the results of your self-assessment. Be specific.
- Explain why these goals are pertinent to your development as a nurse leader. How will developing these leadership competencies support your healthcare organization or nursing practice? Be specific.
Reminder: The College of Nursing requires that all papers submitted include a title page, introduction, summary, and references. The Sample Paper provided at the Walden Writing Center provides an example of those required elements (available at https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/writingcenter/templates/general#s-lg-box-20293632). All papers submitted must use this formatting.
American College of Healthcare Executives. (2017). The healthcare executiveâ€™s role in ensuring quality and patient safety [Policy statement]. https://www.ache.org/about-ache/our-story/our-commitments/policy-statements/healthcare-executives-role-in-ensuring-quality-and-safety
American Organization for Nursing Leadership. (n.d.). AONL nurse leader competencies. https://www.aonl.org/resources/nurse-leader-competencies
Feldman, S. S., Buchalter, S., Zink, D., Slovensky, D. J., & Hayes, L. W. (2019). Training leaders for a culture of quality and safety. Leadership in Health Services, 32(2), 251â€“263. https://doi.org/10.1108/LHS-09-2018-0041
Healthcare Leadership Alliance. (2017). Introducing the HLA competency directory (Version 2.0). http://www.healthcareleadershipalliance.org/
Johannessen, T., Ree, E., StrÃ¸mme, T., Aase, I., Bal, R., & Wiig, S. (2019). Designing and pilot testing of a leadership intervention to improve quality and safety in nursing homes and home care (the SAFE-LEAD intervention). BMJ Open, 9(6), 1â€“12. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2018-027790
The Joint Commission. (2017). The essential role of leadership in developing a safety culture. Sentinel Event Alert, 57, 1â€“8. https://www.jointcommission.org/-/media/deprecated-unorganized/imported-assets/tjc/system-folders/topics-library/sea_57_safety_culture_leadership_0317pdf.pdf?db=web&hash=10CEAE0FD05B6C3A4A1F040F7B69EBE9