Dennis, a 32-year-old construction worker, fell off a roof 2 months ago and, as a result, needs to have surgery on his ankle.
The nurse is preparing him for the surgery and begins the admission process. During the interview, Dale mentions he is a
bit nervous because his cousin had a surgery and had a “terrible reaction” to the medications. Please address the following:
1. Is the information about Dale’s cousin important? (Explain)
2. What further questions will the nurse ask?
3. When obtaining a history, how many generations back should the nurse ask about?
4. What will be done about Dale’s surgery?
Discussion assignment instructions:
– Provide a substantive and initial response post (minimum of one paragraph, or 6-8
sentences in length)
– Respond to a peer’s post (minimum of one paragraph, or 4-6 sentences in length)
– Ensure that the initial response post and response to a peer’s post are on a separate day.
– cite from the course text book and one scholarly reference (e.g. peer reviewed nursing
journal, government site, reputable health institute or system)
– Complete and submit the discussion forum by the due date: 05/28/2021 at 11:59pm (a
grace period of 72 hours and grade deduction will occur for a late discussion submission.