Assignment 3: Policy Analysis Scholarly Paper (25 points)
In this assignment, students will examine the selected bill from Assignment 2 and critically analyze and evaluate the context in which the area of concern or issue relates to the policy making process.
Assignment Criteria 1, 2, and 3 will be from Assignment 2. Review Assignment 2 and make any corrections and/or updates to complete assignment criteria Assignment 3. Please review Self-Plagiarism in the American Psychological Association (APA) on page 256/Section 8.3. Pay attention to bullet point two: Introduce the duplicated material such as “as I have previously discussed.” Additionally, this information will show as a match in the Turnitin Originality Report as you will be using previous work from Assignment 2.
Assignment Criteria: Develop a scholarly paper that addresses the following criteria:
1. State the selected bill including the bill number and title from Assignment 2.
2. Provide a summary of the issue or problem related to the chosen state or federal bill from Assignment 2.
3. Describe the background information related to the issue or problem, include key regulatory and legislative history and any related data from Assignment 2.
4. Identify all direct and indirect stakeholders and their position on the area(s) of concern.
5. Evaluate how the issues will affect stakeholders at an institutional, local, state, and federal level.
6. Identify the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) to the bill.
7. Using The Essentials of Master’s Education in Nursing, critique the role of the nurse leader as a change agent in policy-making.
8. The scholarly paper should be in narrative format, 7 to 8 pages excluding the title and reference page.
9. Include an introductory paragraph, purpose statement, and a conclusion.
10. Include level 1 and 2 headings to organize the paper.
11. Write the paper in third person, not first person (meaning do not use ‘we’ or ‘I’) and in a scholarly manner; except for the self-plagiarized material utilized for assignment criteria 1, 2, and 3.
12. Include three professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal references to support the paper (review in Ulrich’s Periodical Directory) and be less than five (5) years old.
13. APA format required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations).
Assignment 2 will be attached