Part 1: Pathophysiology
A 41-year-old female presents to the doctor’s office you work at complaining of a sore throat and headache. Upon examination, she is diagnosed with a virus that is currently prevalent in the area she works. She is told to rest and drink liquids until the virus has run its course. She becomes irate and tells you she wants an antibiotic.
How could you explain to her why she does not need an antibiotic?
What are some alternatives you could consider for a patient who demands an antibiotic?
Part 2: Ethics and nursing
1. Identify examples of active and latent errors.
2. Provide examples from your clinical experience, if possible.
3. How can such errors be avoided to support better patient care?
Part 3: Curriculum Design and Simulation 1
1. Describe two significant historical trends in nursing education and the ways they have influenced nursing education today.
2. Why are these trends significant, and are they still in use? If so, why have they been so successful? If not, why were they discontinued and how could they have been improved?
Part 4: Curriculum Design and Simulation 2
Identify one essential nursing program regulatory and accrediting agency at either the state or national level.
1. Discuss their roles and how meeting their requirement affects the approaches in development and redesign of nursing curricula.
2. If the agency you would like to research has already been selected, you must choose a different one. You may not write about an agency that has already been selected.
Part 5: Assessment and Evaluation in Nursing 1
1. What is the purpose of evaluation and why do you think evaluation is essential to measuring program effectiveness, individual course level outcomes, and student learning objectives?
2. Give examples for each instance describing how you think evaluation promotes accountability.
Part 6: Assessment and Evaluation in Nursing 1
1. Discuss the relationship between instruction and evaluation.
Think about planning your instruction and evaluation in terms of the five principles of effective assessment.
2. Explain how you will integrate the five principles in your planning.