Hypothesis Testing Related to Multiple Regression
Whether in a scholarly or practitioner setting, good research and data analysis should have the benefit of peer feedback. For this Discussion, you will post your response to the hypothesis test, along with the results. Be sure and remember that the goal is to obtain constructive feedback to improve the research and its interpretation, so please view this as an opportunity to learn from one another.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review this week’s Learning Resources and media program related to multiple regression.
- Create a research question using the HS Long Survey Dataset, that can be answered by multiple regression.
Use SPSS to answer the research question. Post your response to the following:
1. If you are using the HS Long Survey Dataset, report the mean of X1SES.
2. What is your research question?
3. What is the null hypothesis for your question?
4. What research design would align with this question?
5. What dependent variable was used and how is it measured?
6. What independent variables are used and how are they measured? What is the justification for including these predictor variables?
7. If you found significance, what is the strength of the effect?
8. Explain your results for a lay audience, explain what the answer to your research question.
Frankfort-Nachmias, C., Leon-Guerrero, A., & Davis, G. (2020). Social statistics for a diverse society (9th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
â€¢ Chapter 12, â€œRegression and Correlationâ€ (pp. 401-457) (previously read in Week 8)
Wagner, III, W. E. (2020). Using IBMÂ® SPSSÂ® statistics for research methods and social science statistics (7th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
â€¢ Chapter 8, “Correlation and Regression Analysis”
â€¢ Chapter 11, â€œEditing Outputâ€ (previously read in Week 2, 3, 4, 5. 6, 7, and 8)
Walden University Library. (n.d.). Course Guide and Assignment Help for RSCH 8210. Retrieved from http://academicguides.waldenu.edu/rsch8210
For help with this weekâ€™s research, see this Course Guide and related weekly assignment resources.