HNUT40250 Clinical Nutrition O/L
Academic Year 2021/2022
This module provides an integrated study of the role of diet in the cause and treatment of disease. It will explore the interaction of disease and diet in various areas of metabolism and specific disease states. It will examine the use of diet in treatment of certain diseases and examine methods of nutritional assessment. This knowledge is integrated with an understanding of the medical aspects of common disease states.
On completion of this module you will be able to discuss critically:
● the changes in nutritional requirements in various disease states
● the evidence linking foods, nutrients and dietary patterns to the aetiology of major diet-related diseases
● the role of diet in management and prevention of various disease
● various methods of nutritional assessment in the context of different disease states
● understand and compile therapeutic diets for various diseases states.
Indicative Module Content:
This module will cover: the principles of clinical nutrition, nutritional assessment, nutritional support, nutritional management of disease, dietary management of overnutrition, dietary management of diabetes, dietary management of undernutrition in older people, allergies, paediatrics, coeliac disease and irritable bowel syndrome, and cardiovascular disease.
At Pro Nursing Tutors we have experts who can help you with all the assignments, exams and MCQs of HNUT40250 Clinical Nutrition O/L. Talk to us via the live chat button to get assistance.