HNUT40130 Research Design and Statistics
Academic Year 2021/2022
This module is for students taking the Graduate Diploma or MSc in Food, Nutrition and Health
Well planned research forms the basis for increasing knowledge in food, nutrition and health and an understanding of research design and statistics is essential to complete a research project. Fundamentals include the ability critically assess previously published work, an understanding of the application and limitations of statistical techniques, and the competence to prepare, an innovative preliminary research proposal. The aim of this module is
• To develop understanding of project design, data management and statistical analysis.
• To present a scientific argument based on the statistical analysis of numerical data.
• To develop the ability to undertake independent scientific analysis, based on critical analysis of published research;
The module will be delivered through the UCD Brightspace system and will consist of:
• Lectures and audio presentations
• Online assessed statistical problems
• Use of statistical software packages
• Asynchronous discussion threads
• Synchronous webchats
Students are not required to attend lectures at the UCD campus as part of the course. Students are expected to spend a total 125 hours workload during the trimester consisting of:
• Lectures during the trimester: 24 hours
• Discussion threads/synchronous chats/ Assignments 26
• Autonomous learning 75h
How will student be assessed?
Statistical assignments and a research proposal outline document.
This module is core for those who intend to take module FDSC40580 Research Project.
At Pro Nursing Tutors we have experts who can help you with all the assignments, exams and MCQs of HNUT40130 Research Design and Statistics. Talk to us via the live chat button to get assistance.