Current Events Assignment
HCM 201: Health Care Management
For this assignment, you will analyze an article about a current event in the health care industry. Search the web for news regarding a health care management topic/term from our book. Articles should pertain to events happening in our world today (within the last six months), such as something you see in the news. Do not pick a “how-to” article that gives advice, as this is not a current event. If an article title includes the word “predictions” it is probably not a current event. Your article can mention COVID-19, but make sure the main topic relates to a term or concept in the book. Here are some suggested sites, but there are many more out there…
If you would like to double check that your article is appropriate, you may email a link to the article no later than 48 hours before the due date. Make sure your email includes which chapter and topic apply to the article.
Upload your assignment through Canvas. Make sure you use the headings (Topic, Title, Article Source….). Outline format is okay; this should not be an essay. This assignment is worth 80 points. Please email me with any questions.
Topic: 5 points
· What is the topic of your article?
· What chapter AND subject content in our book does it relate to? If the topic does not correlate with the chapter and subject you state, you will receive zero points.
Title: 2 points
· What is the title of your article? Use exact wording.
Article Source: 8 points
· Where did you find the article? Be specific. Insert link to article.
· What date was the article published? Make sure it was published within the last six months.
Summary: 20 points (5 or more sentences)
· Briefly, in your own words, summarize the content of the article.
Reaction: 20 points (4 or more sentences)
· Take a position on the issue contained in the article. How do you feel about the event? How does this event affect you? If the event does not affect you, choose another article.
National Impact: 10 points (3 sentence minimum)
· How does this event impact the world?
Grammar/Spelling: 15 points