For this activity, you will interview 2 or 3 women about their childbirth experiences and compare and contrast their responses. You should us. For this activity, you will interview 2 or 3 women about their childbirth experiences and compare and contrast their responses. You should use material from Chapter 2 of your textbook and Chapter 2 PowerPoint notes to help you interpret your interviewees’ responses. For each question, relate their responses to what you would expect from reading the textbook. Be sure to include what you learned from the interviews.
(1) When did you first sense the fetus’s movements? How active was the fetus during your pregnancy?
(2) Did you have the baby at home or in a hospital? If a hospital, did you have access to a birth center? Describe your experiences.
(3) Did you experience any complications during your pregnancy or delivery? Explain.
(4) Did you attend natural childbirth classes, and if so, were the classes helpful?
(5) How long were you in labor? If you have given birth to more than one child, what were the differences in length of each labor?
(6) Were you given any kind of medication during labor and delivery?
(7) What was the role of the father or other coach during labor and delivery?
(8) How long were you in the hospital? How long was your baby in the hospital?
(9) What was your baby’s size and length at birth? Did this change relative to other children you’ve had?
(10) Did you experience morning sickness? How far along were you when you found out you were pregnant?