Part 5: Assessment and Evaluation in Nursing Education
Design a short test for a nursing curriculum by using the following guidelines:
In one page:
1. Explain a curriculum area that you would find in nursing program.
2. Specify the purpose of your test. Is it formative or summative, and why?
3. What is the curricular context that the assessment is focused on? Who is the audience? *You may use a curriculum area that you have already outlined (curriculum area: Interpersonal and Communication Skills)
4. in a table (File 1) List 3–4 learning objectives for that curriculum.
5. Develop a test blueprint and 20 item test that includes each of the following types of test items and assessment strategies. Arrange the test considering principles of test construction. Include appropriate directions throughout the test.
Include the follow item types:
Short answer/fill-in-the-blank (2)
Context dependent (2)
Alternate format (2)
Multiple-choice questions within clinical practice framework (2)
Items of your choice (2)
Complete a chart similar in File 1. Include one test question for each level (File 1). Include a basic test blue print similar to the layout found here ( File 1).
In one page
6. Include a reflection about scoring such tests.
a. How would you score a test that has varied assessment strategies?
b. How do you know which assessment strategy to use, and when?
c. What are the differences between a lower level test question and a higher level test question and why is this important?
d. What rules did you follow to construct these test questions?