Review the CDC website link on IPV https://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/intimatepartnerviolence/index.html and analyze both ends of the spectrum – from disparity to privilege—and at triggers, which are not bound by any social class, leading to intimate partner violence. Then answer the following questions:
1. Does trauma-informed care apply to IPV? Why or why not?
2. Review the maternal and infant mortality statistics within our country and your state. Do you note any disparity?
3. How can “privilege” become a beacon for change?
4. Intimate partner violence expresses a need for power and control by many methods. Would you recognize them all?
5. Is there a path that most violent individuals follow?
Provide an example of how you have been witness to IPV, disparity, and or privilege and outline how you, as an APRN, can recognize and reduce violence and health disparity in women.