1. Discuss your own philosophy of aging.
2. When do you think a person becomes elderly?
3. What do you think of older people? Are they active, senile, debilitated, etc.?
4. Provide a description of an elderly person that you know?
5. What are your short-term goal (s), long-term goal (s), and something personal about you that you don’t mind sharing.
What is health?
6. Objective vs. subjective definitions and/or perceptions of health*
7. What influences our personal definition of health?
Whose responsibility is health? Questions to guide community practice
8. Where does the responsibility for health lie?
9. How do we balance individual vs. social responsibility for health?
10. What are the implications of seeing responsibility for health as primarily individual OR
11. Why is a behavioral perspective so compelling and why should we be cautious in using